Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mark Zuckerberg's new diet: Eating only what he kills - USATODAY.com

Mark Zuckerberg's new diet: Eating only what he kills - USATODAY.com

Facebook billionaire Mark Zuckerberg is always on the prowl for new ways to test himself.

So his "personal challenge" this year, he tells Fortune magazine, is to eat "only what he kills."

It started with the idea of being thankful for the food we have to eat.

"I think many people forget that a living being has to die for you to eat meat, so my goal revolves around not letting myself forget that and being thankful for what I have," he tells Fortune. "This year I've basically become a vegetarian since the only meat I'm eating is from animals I've killed myself. So far, this has been a good experience. I'm eating a lot healthier foods and I've learned a lot about sustainable farming and raising of animals."

His first kill was a lobster, which he had to throw in a pot of boiling water. "The most interesting thing was how special it felt to eat it after having not eaten any seafood or meat in a while."

But while he says he has "basically" become a vegetarian, he has experimented with killing bigger creatures. On May 4, Zuckerberg posted a note to the 847 friends on his private page: "I just killed a pig and a goat."

His friend Jesse Cool, a Silicon Valley chef, explains, "He cut the throat of the goat with a knife, which is the most kind way to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment